Monday, June 11, 2012

Thank you!

B"H,  


A Grateful Heart Always

Thank you, everyone, for keeping vigil with me and my written thoughts.  A year has now passed.  A gazillion little notebooks I have filled with my scribble.  What started with great despair has become something else.  What that is, I don't know, but mystery is okay.  Many thanks to my friends who encouraged me to write as a way to prayer and healing.  Many thanks to my husband for making this blog which allows me to share some of my thoughts with people far and wide.  It has been true for me that writing has brought me closer to prayer, blessings, and healing.  


We are all connected somehow, someway.  If we can be the recipients of tender loving care then perhaps we can learn to treat ourselves with that wonderful "TLC".  And then, who knew it was so, the biggest blessing of all is having someone upon whom we can bestow that tenderness, that love, and that loving, tender care.   It is a tremendous shock always to realize how many folks in this world have never known the sweet legacy of tenderness, love, and mindful care.  It is therefore, our responsibility to those in our midst to offer the compassionate path.  

My elder parents now live five minutes away from me.  We have done many chores together.  We have gone to their first primary care physician appointment together.  The paper work that belongs to the new patient path is longer than the great American novel.  It is good to have help with all of those pages. They bristle a bit that I am with them.  But, the buddy system works for us all.  My father hears everything perfectly but is not so talented at sharing the information.  My mother says, "what?" so frequently I do believe that she needs to see a written script of our spoken words.  The younger of the two, she makes everything happen... always has in the personal arena since the beginning of their marriage, may G_d bless them with many more joyous, healthful years to come.  Memory is slowing down for us all, so three is better than two.  

Does it matter that my father's first physical in the Air Corps took place in the morgue?  I didn't think so but his new doctor was intrigued with the events of seventy years ago.  And so, thank G-d, my father is pleased with his new physician who has the time and soul to hear him, learn him, and to help him.  Medicare reimbursements are not the inspiration... a compassionate heart and the blessing of G_d's calling are the guiding lights.  

May we learn from this physician.  

G_d bless him and his staff.  

G_d bless him and his loved ones.

May we continue his example.

No comments:

Post a Comment